High ROI Investments in Tourism and in Hospitality Industry in Greece!
Investors are discovering that Greece has a combination of characteristics that are unequalled in Europe.
The hospitality – tourism industry in Greece is attracting a considerable number of international investors in the past couple of years, resulting to a rapid growth in the industry which is expected to reach 14 billion EUR by 2020.
The competitive advantages of Greece, such as rich cultural heritage, natural beauty and geographical variety, have been attracting significant tourism investments in recent years, thus further strengthening Greece’s image as an ideal destination both for holidays and tourism-related investments.
Even during the recent crisis, the tourist industry in Greece has been one of the mainstays of economic growth and employment, with a continued growth driven mainly by:
- the upgrading of the tourist product
- the development of key, new markets such as Russia, Israel, Turkey and China.
The upgrading of the tourist product is supported by a number of initiatives by the Greek state, the Greek National Tourism Organization, the relevant business associations, and the regional authorities and municipalities, and is considered to be a strategic avenue for growth in the Greek economy.
Why Tourism Investments in Greece?
Key Investment Opportunities In Tourism
- Privatization of several key state-owned tourist and transport assets (marinas, regional airports, tourist properties etc.) by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund
- Development of premium tourist resorts and properties aided by the funding and tax incentives given for such new developments
- Development of specialized tourist products and facilities (gastronomy, culture, wellness etc.), categories (medical tourism etc.), markets (Russia, Israel, Asia etc.) or segments (elderly, couples etc.)
Type of Investments in Tourism
Type of Business Related with Tourism
- Bed & Breakfast
- Air B&B
- Car rental
- Scooter Rental
- Boat rental
- Jet Ski Rental
- Concierge Service
- Limousine Service
- Tour Guides
- Welcoming Service
- Photography Business
- Souvenir Shops
- Laundry Shops
- Airline Companies
- Business Retreats
- Coffee and Bars
- Excursions Operators
- Travel Agency
- Booking Business
- Villas Rental
- Taxi & Cab Services
- Tattoo Artists
- Festival Operators
- Bicycle Touring
- LGBT Tours