How to set up a Private Company ( IKE) in Greece?
- Natural persons
- Legal Persons
Natural Persons could be:
- Greek citizens
In that case they should hold identity card and their Tax Identification Number.
- EU citizens
In that case they should hold identity card or valid passport in order to obtain a TIN number. Moreover, on a case-by-case basis and as long as they are engaged in a commercial activity in their country, they are obliged to designate a tax representative in Greece. Atlas Consulting is providing such service for you.
- Non EU citizens
In that case they should have a valid passport and a residence permit if they wish to be company’s managers, otherwise, only the passport is enough. Also, where applicable, and if they undertake commercial activities from their country, they should appoint their tax representative in Greece.
Legal Persons could be:
- For EU legal persons
- For non EU legal persons
The founding members may be natural or legal persons. Natural persons should have attained the age of eighteen (18)
Before applying for a new company at GEMI, entrepreneurs and the members of the new company (both natural persons and legal persons) need to register to the Tax Office and get a Tax Identification Number TIN.
If the origin of the shareholders are not from Greece, the natural person must assign a Tax representative in order to get the TIN and in case that one of the member of the new company is a legal person, there must be assign a Legal Representative.
Agency: Tax Authority
Time: Less than one day
Atlas Consulting Fees: we will be happy to give you a quote!
In order to setup a business in Greece, you will need a registered office within Greece to which all communications and notices can be addressed.
For certain activities i.e. service providers can be a virtual registered office ( we provide Registered Address Services) but for other activities like trading or manufacturing regular premises (commercial place) must be rented.
The Articles of Association of the company is not necessary to be written by a lawyer. However, we believe that a competent lawyer have to support the new company anyway.
We are taking care of drafting the Statutes according to the guidelines of the Law with the review of our Legal team.
Agency: our Legal Department
Time: 1-2 working days after the collection of the proper information
Costs: are included in our Incorporation package
After the preparation of all the necessary documents and the Statutes of the company, we proceed with the Registration of the new company.
Simultaneously with the Registration of the New company, we will also get:
- the Tax Identification Number of the Company
- the VAT Registration of the Company
- the Klidarithmos of the Company ( the online codes that are necessary for the online tax submissions)
Agency: Companies House – General Commercial Registry One-Stop Shop
Time: 1-5 working days after the collection of the proper documentation
All the government costs are included in our Incorporation package
The Director of IKE, according to Circular OAEE No. 44/27.7.2012, is legally obliged to registered with EFKA(National Insurance Organization) while the registration of other members of IKE is optional. The Director must be a Greek citizen or EU citizen with working permit.
The regular fees are paid monthly and are starting with 167 euros per month minimum.
If you want to set up a Private Company without paying EFKA or in case that you are not eligible to be the Director of IKE, we have solution for this.
In case you are interested for this solution, please send us an email.
Time for registration: 1 day
Cost of EFKA Registration: they are included in our All in One Company Formation Package.
The company seal must also contain the company’s tax registration number and the tax office. On May 31, 2013 the Government of Greece adopted the Law 4156/2013 abolishing the requirement to make and affix the company seal for corporations. However, it is still used in practice by banks. Furthermore, companies are still required to make a company seal in their daily practice.
You can order a seal to a Seal Maker or a Book Store
Time: 1 day
Cost: is included in our All in One Company Formation Package.
Private Company Formation Solutions
Our Basic Package for Private Company Formation includes:
- Tax Identification Numbers for all the founders (individuals+ legal entities)
- Preparation and filing of all necessary paperwork to register the new company
- Preparation of the Articles of Association (both in greek and english)
- Check of the name and the distinctive trade name
- Establishment and registration of the company through the General Commercial Register in the Companies House
- Company’s Tax Registration – Tax Identification Number
- Social Security Registry for the Director of the company
- Tax- Business Consulting during the period of Setup
Optionally, we could also provide the following services:
- Open the commercial bank account of the new company
- Be your Local Director
- Provide you with a Registered Address ( if applicable)
- Issuance of a general certificate from the General Trade Register (certification by Apostille ad translation into the language of the applicant)
- Issuance of the registered statute in the General Commercial Register (certification by Apostille ad translation into the language of the applicant)
- Issuance of the certificate of the existing representative office in the General Commercial Register (certification by Apostille ad translation into the language of the applicant)