Greek Information & Communication Technology Sector is booming!
Information, Communication, Technology Investments Greece
The Information Communications Technology sector is one of the most promising in the Greek economy, driven mostly by the demand for automation and digitalization in the Greek public and private sectors.
Greece possesses a skilled workforce, educated in high-quality technical institutions with global experience and entrepreneurial talent. Adding to this is the focus that has been placed on the support of ICT initiatives through dedicated publicly- and privately-run structures (incubators, R&D centers, co-working spaces etc.) and the country’s solid ICT infrastructure.
The ICT sector in Greece offers several opportunities for investment in high-end, value- added services with a global reach, leveraging the availability of skilled labor, the existing know-how and research capabilities, the strong IT and telecoms infrastructure and the outstanding living and working conditions.
Overall, the number of ICT business opportunities is expected to increase significantly over the next years driven mostly by:
- The strong requirement to further automate and digitize the public sector, which is driven by several major public procurement projects in the ICT field.
- The quick adoption of new technology by the Greek public, including for example new communication devices (smartphones, tablets), broadband telecommunications and smart TVs.
- The significant growth of technology clusters, incubators, accelerators and VC activity focused on new ventures in ICT, and the large number of entrepreneurs, who are actively leveraging this infrastructure.
- The several innovation and research activities currently being pursued in Greek polytechnic institutions and public RTOs in such areas as cloud computing, location-based services (LBS), nanotechnology and intelligent systems.
During the last years, Greece became the center of several important investment initiatives announced by some of the largest companies in the global ICT industry such as Nokia-Siemens, Oracle and others.
Why to Invest in Information, Communication, Technology in Greece?
Key Investment Opportunities In Information, Communication, Technology!
- Software Development Departments
- Research & Development Centers
- Data Centers
- Call Centers
- Microchip & MEMS design Centers
- Digital Communications Technologies